HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM (HEARTS)
A class for autistic adults who would like to learn about, and talk about, healthy friendships and dating relationships.
The class will be taught by an autistic & non-autistic team, and is rooted in a neurodiversity perspective.
It affirms all relationship types and styles, all genders, and all sexual orientations (LGBTQ+, poly, asexual, etc.).
WHO: Autistic adults (18yrs and up)
WHEN: October 12th, October 19th, November 2nd, November 9th, November 16th
January 4th, January 11th, January 18th, January 25th, February 1st, February 8th
(Note: There is a 6 week ‘vacation’ or gap between November 16th and January 4th.)
TIME: Thursday nights, 7:15 PM – 8:45 PM ET
WHERE: Online via Zoom
RESEARCH opportunity: Some individuals who enroll in this class will also be invited to participate in research study surveys and interviews to help evaluate the class (earn up to $300 in amazon gift cards).
To SIGN UP: https://www.aane.org/event/online-closed-12-part-workshop-healthy-relationships-on-the-autism-spectrum-hearts-for-adults-4-13-23-8-10-23-715-pm-845-pm-et/
NEXT CLASS BEGINS IN OCTOBER 2023!
The HEARTS program will:
1) provide education about what a healthy vs. unhealthy relationship feels like
2) how to notice warning signs that a relationship is becoming unhealthy
3) how to cope with a breakup or end of a friendship
4) how to re-start friendships with people when you’ve fallen out of touch
5) how to stay motivated to meet new people
6) provide a safe environment for autistic adults to talk with like-minded people, share issues and concerns, & celebrate successes