Social Motivation Intervention Leveraging
Researchers at The University of Alabama are studying a novel online counseling program developed for youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Social Motivation Intervention Leveraging E-Learning (SMILE) SMILE is a brief program designed to target social motivation (i.e., increase social engagement & interest in forming & maintaining friendships). SMILE will be delivered by a graduate clinician to small groups of youth over 3 – 4 weeks via HIPAA-Compliant ZOOM.
• Have an Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Are between 8 and 12 years of age
• Have access to a Laptop/iPad with
• Live in the state of Alabama
• The intervention is no cost to you and
involves research visits before and after
• Remote psychological testing (1-1.5
hours) before and after SMILE
• Random assignment to SMILE or
• SMILE program takes place over 6-8
sessions via ZOOM videoconferencing
• Participation in research is necessary to
receive the treatment.
• Earn up to $45 for completing all study