Researchers at The University of Alabama are working are recruiting for a new study determine if a new group-based intervention for children who have trouble with their emotions is helpful.
- LEAP is a 10-week program that hopes to improve children’s ability to control their emotions.
- It will take place in a small group on Zoom, after the school-day, 2 times per week.
- LEAP will use different types of strategies, but mainly mindfulness, to help your child become more aware of their emotions and give them tools to handle their emotions differently.
- Participation also requires you and your child to complete questionnaires before and after study participation.
- There is an additional assessment that is completely voluntary and would require a visit to The University of Alabama campus twice, once before and once after the 10-week program. This will include questionnaires for parent and child, an EEG for the child, and tasks the child will complete while wearing heart rate and breathing sensors.